SCES’07 YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARDS
The Local Organizing Committee of the 2007 International Conference on Strongly Correlated Electron Systems announces the availability of a limited number of awards for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Each award will consist of a full or partial waiver of the applicable Conference registration fee and a possible partial travel grant to offset travel expenses, depending upon availability of funds. We particularly encourage applications from students and postdoctoral fellows in developing countries.
- Recent Post-Doctoral Fellowship or Graduate standing in a recognized academic program in a SCES-related field.
- Participation in the SCES’07 as an attendee and presenting author of an abstract selected for presentation.
- Outstanding performance in the conduct of this project and promise for future substantial achievement in SCES research as judged by the Research Advisor.
- Significant and timely original research results.
- Absence/limitation of other sources of financial support.
- Application Form (with your Username [same as email] used for abstract submission)
- Copy of Abstract of Contributed Paper
- Letter of Support (sent directly to Dr. Meen) by the Research Advisor
DEADLINE: January 15, 2007. Award winners will be notified by March 1st, 2007.
Send Completed Materials to:
SCES’07 Young Investigator Awards
c/o Dr. James K. Meen
Texas Center for Superconductivity
University of Houston
Houston Science Center – 202
Houston, TX 77204-5002