The Rice Advantage
Finding child care you are comfortable with might be the most important component of a good work and personal life balance. Rice is committed to providing great options on and off campus that meet your needs.
As many of you already know, the Rice Children's Campus is finally a reality. If you have questions, please email your questions to email@example.com and we will try to get you the information that you need.
- Preferential placement, discounts and locator services are available through Rice's child care resources website.
- Back-up child care through Bright Horizons is available for $10/day for those times that your regular arrangements are unavailable.
- Additional back up child care is available through Backup Care Advantage Program is available at home ($4/hour) or in an available center around Houston ($2/hour).
- Rice's Recreation Center has a summer youth activity program, and Rice employees receive early registration and a discount.
- Rice's Athletics Department runs many summer camps for the Houston community.
- Rice also has lots of summer programs for children in grades K-12, university students, and others.
- Rice has partnered with Kidventure to offer summer camp programs to faculty and staff at their convenient locations across Houston -- as a Rice employee you receive free before and after camp care!
- Other full-day summer camp programs located near the Rice campus include:
- The YMCA of Greater Houston has many locations throughout the area, and they also have summer camp opportunities (both day camp and overnight camps) -- check out their website for a location near you!